This week has gone by so fast and yet so slow at the same time. I have basically done nothing but wake up, getting dressed, eat breakfast, go to class, go to lunch, go to more class, study, go to dinner, study some more, and then go to bed. I have never had so much reading to do in my life. I have seven different text books I am supposed to read, not including my scriptures. One thing that is really hard about this schedule is that there is no routine. For example, on Tuesday I had Old Testament from 8-8:50, Ancient Near East from 9-9:50, Islam from 10-10:50, and Hebrew from 1-1:50. But then on Wednesday I had Old Testament from 8-8:50, Israel from 9-10:50, Hebrew from 2-2:50, and Palestine from 4-4:50. Then Friday was OT from 8-9:50 and ANES from 10-11:50. Every day the schedule is different so it is really hard to plan out what needs to be completed and when.
But, luckily last yesterday I finished all that I needed to get done until next Monday so I was able to go out into the city with some of my friends. We went through the Old City to shop and then headed to West Jerusalem because that is the only place we can be after dark. We got schwarma for dinner which is like a pita filled with chopped cucumbers, hummus, chips (fries), different sauce, and shredded meat. It was pretty good. I will hopefully be able to post pictures from this second week soon. After that we got some gelato!! It was amazing!!! I got this flavor called "Kinder" which was chocolate hazelnut. Oh man it was good. After that we walked around the city and just talked. Then we had to take a taxi back to the center which was fun and a little expensive.
Getting out of the center makes me so happy! I do love it here, but when I am stuck inside day after day it gets really boring.
Yesterday the security took us under the building so that we could sign our names on the wall. It was cool to see all the names from the people that came before us. I found Bonnie Ogles name (I think it is the same Bonnie that I know, but I didn't know that she came here), Sarah Meyers, Tori Gilchrist, and Kate Kearl's names. ( Some of my friends from BYU.)
Tonight we are going to visit the Western Wall as a group to celebrate the start of the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur. Then we are watching Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark. Then tomorrow is the Sabbath.
2 comments:
How was your weekend Sweetie! Hugs & loves from Home.
Guess you do have to remember that you are there for your education and not just as a tourist on vacation! Keep working hard.
Post a Comment