We started class today. We
started out with Old Testament at 8:00-9:50. My professor’s name is Brother
Belnap. I actually had him my freshman year for the first half of Book of
Mormon. He is a fantastic teacher and I am very excited. We spent most of the class
going over the syllabus and his teaching method, then we started Genesis
chapter 1. It was really great and insightful.
The second class was ANE and it
was interesting, but kinda a lot of information. Professor Seely kept telling
us that this is a survey class so we will be going fast through the material.
Most of the people I talked to all agreed that the class was a little hard to
follow so that made me feel better.
We had more orientation meetings
about security, field trips, and emergency situations. It was really boring.
But, we are going on our first field trip on Monday to different outlook sites
to see every part of Jerusalem.
We can’t go out into the city
today so it has been kind of boring and I am still really really tired. But,
luckily I have been able to meet a lot of new people and get to know them. My
roommates and I have started to get along really well and talk about our
experiences in the city. It makes the whole thing so much better to discuss it
with others.
2 comments:
Being in the Holy Land should make the OT come alive-just like HCP does for the BOM.
If they are the same Bro Belnap and Bro Seely, then I had the same professors when I was there in 96! I love reading about your adventure- thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment